Dear Crosspoint Family & Friends,
We are anticipating another awesome Sunday as we begin a brand new “MIRACLES” series! With that in mind, we want to assure you that we are mindful of the focus and concern regarding the COVID-19, and as such want to provide some information to help you feel confident and comfortable being at church.
You may notice a few minor adjustments this Sunday and in the Sundays to come as we do our part to make sure everyone stays physically and spiritually healthy. When you arrive on campus, in the parking lot, at our doors and in the service, we usually shake hands, hug or give a high five. This Sunday we are just saying hello with a big wave, an elbow bump, and a smile!
Also, as a community, we advise you to follow the guidance being provided by health officials:
- Instead of handshakes or hugs, we encourage waves, elbow bumps and big smiles.
- The best prevention of illness is the use of good personal hygiene. Wash your hands several times a day with soap and warm water for 20 seconds or more.
- If no soap and water are available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- If you have a cough or sneeze, use a tissue and then discard it. If a tissue is not available, cough or sneeze into your elbow - not your hand.
- Avoid touching your face.
- If you are not feeling well - especially if you have COVID-19 symptoms which include fever, cough, and shortness of breath, please stay home except to see your healthcare provider. The CDC recommends you should seek medical advice promptly by calling ahead to a doctor’s office or emergency room to get guidance before showing up.
- As stated by most outlets and from our local government, some people are more susceptible to the disease than others. Therefore, it is totally understandable if some of our folks wish to protect themselves by staying away from larger crowds.
- We will continue to clean and sanitize our campus as necessary.
- In our Crosspoint Kids environments, toys, chairs, tables and surfaces are consistently being sanitized to kill germs; in addition, for our nursery and preschool classes, most toys will be removed temporarily to expedite a streamlined sanitizing protocol.
- If your child is sick, please do not check them into Crosspoint Kids.
During this time, if you or a family member are not able to attend church, we want to point you toward Crosspoint’s media page. When you are feeling under the weather, our media page is the perfect way for you to still join the Crosspoint family for the same great experience.
As news and information changes, we will continue to post updates on our webpage and Facebook account. Please check this page often to stay up-to-date.
Most of all, know that we are praying. We are praying for wisdom and not panic. We are praying for you and for the families affected by this sickness. God is faithful and is walking through this with His people. He is greater than any of our earthly troubles and the giver of sound minds and peaceful hearts to navigate through whatever we may encounter.
Crosspoint Church Leadership Team